First Ever Assassin Take Down Approaches

Jennifer and I hit up a well-known restaurant for lunch on Monday. Admittedly, we went there because it was on the Dine About Town circuit. While I ordinarily wouldn't be jumping at the chance to drop $30 for lunch, I rationalized it by noting I'd be even less likely to spend the requisite $80 for dinner there.

This is going to be a very brief post about that meal because I can't reveal the identity of the restaurant.

In short: It was one of the worst meals I've ever had in a restaurant in San Francisco. I would have maintained that if I'd paid $8 for it. I can't say what it consisted of, but the flavor combinations were uninspired, oily, lukewarm. The service was lazy and unhelpful, and the ambiance at that hour was kind of creepy. Generally the experience was less than precious, Jennifer was the highlight.

I wrote a letter to the management expressing all of this in no-uncertain terms. It was my first time registering a formal complaint. I really believed that the experience warranted it. But I also told them I'd spare them a public slamming (because I'm obviously a widely read food writer and their reputation is in the palm of my hand) because I was sure that their reputation was not founded on low quality food or service. If they give me a respectful response I may not slam them at all. But if I don't hear from them...oh my my...the winds of shame, they will be a blowin'.

So be prepared dear ones, I may get to do my first ever take down as a legitimate Kitchen Assassin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

as your faithful dining companion, I don't think any response from them can justify the horrible assault to my wallet and stomach

Dibital Nation said...

the suspense is killing me...if it's plumpjack prepare for a fracas