The Public Arena

It blows my mind that people I don't know read my blog (sometimes I'm impressed anyone reads it). It hasn't ceased feeling self-indulgent though I suppose food and induglence are closely linked so maybe in some small way that makes it okay.

Needless to say, a while back I received an e-mail from a woman who is an author and sommelier. She got my e-mail from Claire (of Trippingonwords) who is such a savvy blogger she actually has an e-mail address related to her endeavors. Claire passed my e-mail along and thus, this connection was made. Her name is Natalie Maclean and among winning James Beard writing awards and other things she has a very hip website where she discusses this and that and offers a pretty radical service: she pairs wine and food for you. You can enter a food or enter a wine and she breaks it down and breaks it out and then has recipes using complementary ingredients to your wine choice. Brilliant.

It took me a few months to check it out (because I was in denial that a legitimate person who contact me about linking to her site) but I like it and will happily endorse the gal and kick her down my obviously robust readership.

Play around here.

No comments: